Alternative models wanted for a #ToCaptureTheEssence
#ToCaptureTheEsence is not a traditional modelling agency. This is a real opportunity for certain models only - are you undiscovered talent?!
If you are selected as model you can choose to do one, OR all of the below:
- Be a model for a shoot with Johnathan Andrews in which you artistically collaborate to capture breathtaking photos - you don't need to have any modelling experience.
- Be signed as Professional #TCTE model to develop a model portfolio and career with Johnathan Andrews. Lots of coaching provided and you are promoted as model.
- You have the option to learn digital photography.
- A creative photographic project by Johnathan Andrews to artistically capture female beauty, passion and expression.
- The medium could either be stills photography or a short video production (or both) of one or more models.
- Models can choose to be listed on the database and be promoted to do paid modelling work.
- Selected models could be featured in the #TCTE Magazine .
- Models have the option to become involved in exciting projects for lots of exposure as brand ambassador.
- At present #TCTE is only for females.
- If you are 18 years of age and older you can apply.
- Your body must be in shape and ideally have a cup size A to C.
- You have something which sets you apart from others.
- You could have tattoos, piercings, scars, or none.
- If you are someone who wants to take a bold step to model for a photo shoot in which you artistically collaborate with Johnathan to capture awesome photos of you.
- You can be a first time model because no modelling experience is required. Just be comfortable in front of the camera.
- If you are keen to do photo shoots during which you will work with Johnathan to capture what makes you beautiful and unique. The shoots are nothing ordinary. A shoot aims to artistically capture who you are - even if it means to do a series of shoots, make a video or develop an elaborate creative concept to convey a message abstractly.
- You are not shy and have a sense of adventure. A shoot generally starts fully clothed and progress to covered-nude or full-nude. Note that no explicit sexual imagery, spread shots, penetration or any obscenities whatsoever are featured - only tasteful, artistic and world class photography!
- Firstly: You receive a set of perfect photos from every shoot.
- Secondly: Photos/videos could be published as features on the website, print publications and the #TCTE Magazine; form part of an exhibition; be used to apply for awards or entered into competitions; be used over time by Johnathan Andrews: online, in articles, lectures and sold as fine art prints.
Alternative modeling is a branch of the modeling industry that features models who do not conform to mainstream ideals of beauty. Alternative models are often niche-specific, with a personal style that represents subcultures like goth, steampunk, fetishism or even hippie. An alternative model may, for example, be tattooed, pierced, or have other body modifications, have distinctively subcultural hair such as being shaved, dyed a distinctively unnatural color etc. Alternative modeling can be clothed or unclothed. In the #ToCaptureTheEssence theme, the shoots progress from fully clothed to semi-, covered-, or full-nude. Alternative modeling was given substantial mainstream media coverage in the last decade, partly through the creation and popularization of community-based alternative modeling paysites, like GodsGirls and SuicideGirls. Alternative modeling community sites usually promote their models for their personality as well as for their looks and portfolio.
In the #ToCaptureTheEssence context semi-, covered-, and full-nude means the following:
Semi-nude: The model wears some clothing or accessories during the shoot. E.g. she will wear shorts and no shirt, but her nude breasts are not captured in the photo because arms would cover her breasts or her back would be facing the camera. Another example is where a shoot is done and the model only wears an unbuttoned long shirt however no nude breasts or groin area is captured as the shirt would conceal.
Covered-nude: The model would be naked but no uncovered breasts, nipples or groin area would be captured. She would be posed or styled in such a way that even though she is naked, nude breasts, nipples and groin are not shown.
Full-nude: The model would be naked and her nude breasts and nipples would be captured. The model's groin area would in some photos be covered by e.g. the models hand and/or leg position, and in some photos will not be covered by a hand or leg positions - note that #ToCaptureTheEssence does not capture explicit spread shots and obscenities. If it is agreed that a full-nude shoot will be done, then details of the extent of nudity is discussed before the shoot.
If you would like to discuss your application to become a model, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to be an alternative #ToCaptureTheEssence model now and start your journey!
How does it work?
- Click on the APPLY NOW section below to navigate to the correct application form.
- Complete the application form and upload your application photos.
- Your application will be screened within 5 working days (but due to the high volume of applications we receive at times, it could take longer).
- You will be notified whether your application passes the screening stage.
- If you pass the screening stage, an interview will be arranged at the studio.
Model Eligibility Application
- Be a model for a shoot.
- Get a great set of photos + model fee.
- Female models aged 18 and older can apply.
Model Eligibility Application
- Full- or Part Time Modelling.
- Attractive earning potential.
- Female models aged 18 to 28 can apply.
- Become An Alternative Model Icon.
- Learn Digital Photography.